Re: [xml] XML beginner's question
- From: Callum Gibson <callum_r_gibson yahoo com au>
- To: "Andrew M." <andrew mallberg vp44 com>
- Cc: xml gnome org
- Subject: Re: [xml] XML beginner's question
- Date: 19 Nov 2008 06:45:38 +1100
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:45:38 +1100
On 18Nov08 17:41, Andrew M. wrote:
}Thanks, that solved it.
}Unfortunately I have another question (which may be very very stupid :D ):
}how do I cast a xmlChar to a float?
You don't, you need to parse it somehow. Take a look at atof(3) for a simple
example. Note, that returns a double. In general floats are a waste of time
due to limited precision. Unless you really need the bytes, just save yourself
grief and use doubles everywhere.
Callum Gibson @ home
] [Thread Prev