Re: [xml] Question regarding XPath

Ethan Metsger wrote:
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:14:18 -0500, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
wrote:

 Many bugs have been fixed since 2.6.9, so it's likely a bug on your
side,
but I have no idea what this could be, try to reproduce it with
xmllint --shell (see setns and xpath commands) and provide an instance
of
XML showing the problem.

Hi, Daniel.

Thanks for your email.  I'm sorry for the delayed response; I was working
with a few different issues to see if I could figure out what was
happening.  xmllint does the Right Thing (i.e., it finds the fifty nodes
we're trying to select), which is good.  I've been looking at it and the
debugAPI code for awhile now.

By comparison, the xpath1 and xpath2 examples both return zero nodes when
executed on the schema with the same query.  So it seems to me like
xmllint is doing something different than the two examples provided.

I'm not sure about your data, but using my own testfile it seems xpath1.c
does the RightThing as well:

[bill bbsuper work]$ cat test1.xsd
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
  <xs:element name="a" type="A"/>
</xs:schema>
[bill bbsuper work]$ ./xpath1 test1.xsd //xs:element
xs=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
Result (1 nodes):
= element node "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:element";
[bill bbsuper work]$