[xml] Question regarding XPath

Hi, all.

I'm pretty new to libxml2, having just been assigned to integrate its source with our XML databinding tool. We make a call to xmlXPathEvalExpression as follows:

   res = xmlXPathEvalExpression (BAD_CAST nodeName, xpctxt);

Our namespaces are registered using xmlXPathRegisterNs. We use the following XPath query:

   "//xs:element | //xs:simpleType"

This returns many nodes when we link against libxml2-2.6.9, but zero with libxml2-2.6.27. Obviously this is a rather significant jump, but it seems to be as though the behavior of xmlXPathEvalExpression has changed between these point releases. In reading over the changelogs, I didn't find anything terribly relevant (as far as I can tell) to the situation, and the only advice I was able to dig up was to make sure that the namespaces were indeed qualified.

Does anyone have any advice and/or resources that might prove helpful?

Best,

Ethan

--
Objective Systems, Inc.