Re: [xml] Question regarding XPath

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 01:04:30PM -0500, Ethan Metsger wrote:
Hi, all.

I'm pretty new to libxml2, having just been assigned to integrate its
source with our XML databinding tool.  We make a call to
xmlXPathEvalExpression as follows:

    res = xmlXPathEvalExpression (BAD_CAST nodeName, xpctxt);

Our namespaces are registered using xmlXPathRegisterNs.  We use the
following XPath query:

    "//xs:element | //xs:simpleType"

This returns many nodes when we link against libxml2-2.6.9, but zero with
libxml2-2.6.27.  Obviously this is a rather significant jump, but it seems
to be as though the behavior of xmlXPathEvalExpression has changed between
these point releases.  In reading over the changelogs, I didn't find
anything terribly relevant (as far as I can tell) to the situation, and
the only advice I was able to dig up was to make sure that the namespaces
were indeed qualified.

Does anyone have any advice and/or resources that might prove helpful?

  Many bugs have been fixed since 2.6.9, so it's likely a bug on your side,
but I have no idea what this could be, try to reproduce it with
xmllint --shell (see setns and xpath commands) and provide an instance of
XML showing the problem.

Daniel