Re: [xml] unsinged short for line numbers

Hi Daniel,

  This has been explained many times in the past. This is an API and ABI
breakage, I just Can't Do That , at least not for libxml2, and there is
no plan for libxml3.

In a way it is strange that an open source library can be just as constrained as a closed source library in this way.

I believe that FreeType changed its API last year, which involved fixing many dependent packages. The Linux kernel seems to change its API every few minutes, but I guess userspace is largely insulated from the churn by sticking to the POSIX parts of glibc.

How do other projects deal with this issue?

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!
http://www.princexml.com