Re: [xml] unsinged short for line numbers

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 12:00:25PM +0100, Stefan Froehlich wrote:
On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 05:12:44AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
[line numbers only up to 16 Bit]
Completely out of luck?

Keep your own counter as you traverse the tree based in the 16bits
values.

How can I? I don't access the text file, only the parsed structure,
which has no indication about line breaks between the tags any more.

What I _could_ do is to sum up the 16 bit counter every now and then
and thus detect and correct any overflows. However, the counter does not
wrap around but gets stuck at 65535, so this is not possible as well.

  Then sorry, best to have those check in a DTD which will be processed at
parsing time.

Daniel