Re: [xml] Copying XML subtrees across documents (in Python)

On Aug 2, 2007, at 7:33 AM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
Actually, in the *long* term, I rather see lxml in the Python stdlib,
including libxml2 and libxslt. :)

I'd actually rather not see it in the stdlib. I and others in the Zope community are finding that keeping components separate does more good for them and their users than bundling. The biggest win is that the release cycles don't need to match; bug fixes for smaller projects can be made much more freely than for Python (think *long* release cycles), and (r)evolutionary can proceed much more quickly and effectively without tying to Python's release cycle.

  -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>