Re: [xml] Copying XML subtrees across documents (in Python)

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 12:22:26PM +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 11:48:53AM +0200, Stefan Behnel wrote:

;) the recommended way to use libxml2 from Python is lxml.

Thanks, but if anyhow possible, I'd like to stick to something
that is available from stock RHEL5 and python-lxml isn't included
there.

  I a sense I would not be against including lxml within libxml2,
which would solve that kind of issues in the long term, but the
existing bindings will have to stay for compatibility.
  Have you looked at
 /usr/share/doc/libxml2-python-*/cutnpaste.py ?
I guess it would answer your question and is part of your distro.

Daniel