Re: [xml] Read tree from FILE* ?

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:32:18AM +0200, Trappel Martin wrote:
Hello!

I successfully can use xmlDocFormatDump(FILE*, xmlDocPtr, int) to save my
xml document tree to a file.

However, I seem unable to find out how to _read_ a document tree from a
FILE*.
Is there an opposite funtion to xmlDocDump?

(The reason why I want to use FILE* is that I'm on windows and therefore my
filenames are UTF-16 which I can't give to libxml. If there is another
solution to this problem than via opening the file myself I would also take
that one. :)

  And if your program and libxml2 happen to have been compiled with even
slightly different flags, the library and your program will expect different
version of FILE * structure and this will crash and burn. This is such a
problem that basically I avoid this in API.
  You can certainly create what you need based on
    http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlReadIO

Daniel