Re: [xml] xmllint: possible bug using --postvalid

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 09:30:17PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
Hello,

I get this using the --postvalid option of xmllint with a valid XML
file:

$ xmllint --noout --valid article.xml
$ xmllint --noout --postvalid article.xml
article.xml:11: element xref: validity error :
    IDREF attribute linkend references an unknown ID "test"
Document article.xml does not validate

The ID exists in another file (section.xml), that is inbound via entity.
The samples are attached. Bug or not a bug? A limitation of postvalid?

  Hum, I would have to dig, likely a bug but please consider it a limitation
in the meantime :-) . try to use
    xmllint --noout --postvalid --noent article.xml

I suppose that if the flag noent is given, then this will force loading the
DTD, and the ID will not be hidden behing an entity boundary anymore, worth
trying ...

Daniel