Re: FW: [xml] libxml2 and windows

Mike Martin wrote:

After a little more research, I'm wondering if the problem might be
that I have yet to turn my application code into dlls (the application
is now a half dozen or so static libs). Some things that I've just read
imply that any storage gotten in a dll cannot be released by code in
a static library. Comments?

You don't need to turn your code app code into dlls. Just make sure your app is calling xmlFree() instead of free() for the libxml2 stuff, otherwise you will end up getting an access violations from the HEAP. xmlFree() is a function from the dll so the memory is free'd by the dll not the app.

Rob