Re: [xml] libxml2 and windows

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 11:17:08AM -0400, Rob Richards wrote:
Mike Martin wrote:

Hi all-

I'm sure this will end up being a silly question with an obvious
answer, but not being windows savvy, I'm stumped. It appears to
me that any storage acquired by any function in the libxml2 dll
cannot be freed by any function in any other dll (my application
code). The exact same code works perfectly well in the Linux
environment, and, believe it or not, in the IBM mainframe z/OS
environment, but fails miserably in the windoes environment.
For instance, I can acquire storage with xmlStrdup and
consequently read that storage from anywhere, but when I'm
done with it, a call to free() results in an Access Violation.

You want to use xmlFree()

  And if this doesn't work, check all tour compilers and flags.
  Not being a Windows user I still noticed that people tend to report
those problems if the library they link together to produce the final
executable have not being compiled in the exact same environment with the
exact same flags. Make sure everything is compiled in the same way with
the same tools.

Daniel