Re: [xml] Getting complextype name and datatype from XML Schema

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 11:45 +0100, Trond Aksel Myklebust wrote:
Hello,

If I got a XML document with XML Schema defined for it, is it possible
for a given node in the XML document to get the complexType name (if
existing) the node belongs to and the datatype for the node?

I.e, if I got a ”title” node in a document, which is defined in the
XML Schema to be part of the complexType below, I want to get that
”title” is part of the complexType ”elementType” and of datatype
”xs:string”.

  <xs:complexType name="elementType">

    <xs:simpleContent>

      <xs:extension base="xs:string">

        <xs:attribute ref="xml:lang" use="optional"/>

      </xs:extension>

    </xs:simpleContent>

  </xs:complexType>

Is this possible with libxml2? (Using the Python bindings)

Currently no. PSVI for the W3C XML Schema processor of Libxml2 is
not implemented and no one felt eager to implement it yet.

For PSVI see:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#PSVI_contributions

Regards,

Kasimier