Re: [xml] problem with gzip decoding in nanohttp

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 04:53:40PM +0100, Liron wrote:
Hello,

  Hi. Could you get your mail agent to format lines ?

I'm using nanohttp for simple http requests and I've noticed that
there're several bugs in the code concerning the use of zlib.

  What bugs ?

It seems
that the only function that supports inflating gzip is xmlNanoHTTPRead
but the problem is that it's *not the only function that reads bytes
from the network*.

  it's the only function which read the HTTP payload as far as I understand !

Also, when libxml2 is compiled with zlib support it'll send the gzip headers by default, there's no way to
control it which means that I can't really avoid this bug unless I change my code to use xmlNanoHTTPRead
instead of my current method (xmlNanoHTTPFetch).

  I take patches then

I also wanted to ask why there're so many different functions to do the same thing (such as reading from
the network). Wouldn't it be better to use one generic function for each step which'll make it easier to
control such bugs in the future?

  Explain please, what 'so many functions' ?
Removing publicly availble function is not possible for API and ABI
compatibility, but code cleanup may make sense.

Daniel