Re: [xml] Question about struct _xmlDoc

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 03:06:05PM -0600, Vedantam, Pavan wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to build a tree of DOM's and i have tweaked the xmlDoc structure
in tree.h to include, struct _xmlDoc *nextdoc, struct _xmlDoc *prevdoc,
struct _xmlDoc *childdoc, I get a memory segment fault when i run the
program, I am running this program on a qnx neutrino host, I would like to
know if the library is allocating memory for the xmlDoc and if i can change
this memory allocation, if you can point me to file/location to look for it
would be really great.

  Sorry, no. You really should not change the structure. You can link extra
informations based on the _private field in the document but if you start
changing the structure, it's your code, it won't behave like our code,
it's your bugs, we just can't debug it... And there is a number of place
where xmlNodePtr and xmlDocPtr are supposed to match so this kind of changes
will just generate a mountain of problems.

Daniel