From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 3:09 PM
To: Vedantam, Pavan
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Question about struct _xmlDoc

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 03:06:05PM -0600, Vedantam, Pavan wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to build a tree of DOM's and i have tweaked the xmlDoc
structure in tree.h to include, struct _xmlDoc *nextdoc, struct
_xmlDoc *prevdoc, struct _xmlDoc *childdoc, I get a memory segment
fault when i run the program, I am running this program on a qnx
neutrino host, I would like to know if the library is allocating
memory for the xmlDoc and if i can change this memory allocation, if
you can point me to file/location to look for it would be really
great.

  Sorry, no. You really should not change the structure. You can link
extra informations based on the _private field in the document but if
you start changing the structure, it's your code, it won't behave like
our code, it's your bugs, we just can't debug it... And there is a
number of place
where xmlNodePtr and xmlDocPtr are supposed to match so this kind of
changes will just generate a mountain of problems.

Daniel

veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit
http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine
http://rpmfind.net/