Re: [xml] Documentation improvement suggestion

On Monday 09 May 2005 16:43, Cory Nelson wrote:
How about doxygen?  I've used it in a number of projects, has always
been straightforward to use.

Yes, that's my experience too; it's great. It has the usual advantages; many
people know it, it's maintained externally, popular, de-facto, etc.

Adding my humble opinion here:

One voice often heard in the XML community is that libxml2 is hard to use. And
that's a pity because it's fast and standard complaint.

I think it would be /strategic/ to invest work in documentation, because it
would reduce the number of questions on this list, and increase
interopability by ensuring the software is used in the right way.

I'm not complaining or demanding it to be done. This is open source, I can
provide a patch for what I want. My point is that I think it would save
everyone time, including the libxml2 developers'.

Cheers,

                Frans