[xml] compiling against uclibc

Hello,
I'm attempting to compile libxml2 against uclibc 0.9.27. I didn't enable large file support in uClibc as I will be dealing with small embedded machines and small xml messages. When I try to compile libxml2 with

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-python --target=i386-linux --host=i386-linux --build=i386-pc-linux-gnu
make
I get to SAX.c and it tells me that _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 unfortunately uClibc was built without large file support enabled... I don't see any configure switches to tell it to disable it in libxml2, are there some CFLAGS to set? Basically, what should I do? If all else fails I can turn on large file support.

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T 250.385.4613