Re: [xml] compiling against uclibc

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:08:50PM -0800, Nathanael Noblet wrote:
Hello,
      I'm attempting to compile libxml2 against uclibc 0.9.27. I didn't
enable large file support in uClibc as I will be dealing with small
embedded machines and small xml messages. When I try to compile libxml2
with

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-python --target=i386-linux
--host=i386-linux --build=i386-pc-linux-gnu
make
I get to SAX.c and it tells me that _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 unfortunately
uClibc was built without large file support enabled... I don't see any
configure switches to tell it to disable it in libxml2, are there some
CFLAGS to set? Basically, what should I do? If all else fails I can
turn on large file support.

  the very first thing is to *not* use Reply to an existing mail and
changing the subject as it breaks mail threading for every persons with a
decent mail client !
  There is no configure flag for large file support, this looks very specific
to your system and probably not worth going though the pain, I suggest
you simply keep a local patch to libxml.h setting NO_LARGEFILE_SOURCE or
patch configure(.in) to this intent. However if you want to make a configure.in
patch to add a --without-large-files option, I will take it.

Daniel