Re: [xml] SAX2 / empty namespace issue

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 08:20:26PM +1000, Michael Day wrote:

Hi Daniel,

  parsing, how SAX/Reader/tree ? At this point your bug report becomes
completely unreproductible to me.

Parsing by calling xmlSAXParseFile, catching errors by calling
xmlSetStructuredErrorFunc.

The resulting program crashes on Windows if given a namespace declaration
with an empty namespace. On Linux it simply fails to report an error.

I can provide a short test program if it helps -- even if these APIs are

  yes, please. If it can't be reproduced with the existing test tools please
provide a standalone C program, and the instance. We have the instance so that
is okay :-)

now obsolete, this behaviour is still incorrect and should be fixed, as it
will affect existing apps that use them.

  sure, but I need a reproduceable test case.

Daniel