[xml] SAX2 / empty namespace issue

I receive an error when parsing the following document with

<foo xmlns:null=""/>
foo.xml:1: error: Empty namespace name for prefix null

However, this error is not passed to any handler that I install using
xmlSetStructuredErrorFunc, even though other errors are.

It also seems that this error causes libxml2 to crash on Windows (although
not on Linux) when a structured error handler has been set.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue?

Best regards,

YesLogic Prince prints XML!