Re: [xml] SAX2 / empty namespace issue

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 07:23:41PM +1000, Michael Day wrote:

Hi Daniel,

  I ran xmllint though valgrind on that example without trouble too.
  Try to make sure you're using the recent xmlReadxxx API call, maybe
you're using the older SAX1 behaviour which get less testing those days.

I get the error when using the xmlSAXParseFile APIs. As you noticed, using
xmlParseFile or just running xmllint actually produces a different error
message, which is confusing.

Is there a different function that I should be calling in order to parse
an XML document while overriding the SAX warning/error/fatalError

  parsing, how SAX/Reader/tree ? At this point your bug report becomes
completely unreproductible to me.

callbacks?

  Use the error APIs !
  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlerror.html

like xmlSetGenericErrorFunc() or xmlSetStructuredErrorFunc()

  Or get a hold on the parsing context and modify directly the pointer
in ctxt->sax .
  There is many many different way to achive this kind of things. I have
no idea what you are trying to do, or the context. error function in the
sax block won't catch error coming from the tree module, etc...

Daniel