Re: [xml] SAX2 / empty namespace issue

Hi Kasimier,

Dunno why it crashes, but, as I learned from Daniel, for such a
namespace disabling mechanism, XML version 1.1 must be used, since
this is allowed only in XML Namespaces 1.1. So maybe it's just the
prolog that needs to be adjusted on your side: <?xml version="1.1"?>

Right, that is true, the XML document is not correct and an error should
be produced. However, libxml is not giving me one, which is really what I
am interested in :)

Since reporting the issue I have done some testing with valgrind and
confirmed that it does appear to be a libxml issue, with an incorrect
memory access in xmlParserError that is presumably leading to the crash on
Windows and the failure to receive an error message on Linux.

I'm not sure exactly what is wrong with the code though; the libxml error
handling system is a little bit scary for the uninitiated :)

Cheers,

Michael

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!