Re: [xml] xml:space and xml:lang problem

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 02:41:36PM -0400, Rob Richards wrote:
Looks like xml:space is broken as of 2.6.0 with sax2
Running xmllint --noblanks on the following:
<doc>
  <e1>
     <e2 xml:space="preserve">
        <e3 id="E3"/>
     </e2>
  </e1>
</doc>

ignores the preserve while it doesn't in 2.5.x (different function call)
xml:lang has the same issue

Attached is the patch I'm using for it - moved some things around as well.

  I'm not against applying the patch, but could you give a few lines of
explanations ? xmllint --noblanks is not conformant "by design", but I think
I understand what it's about, I would just like to be sure. I assume
the xml:lang is about checking the value, we (W3C XML Core WG) relaxed this
a lot in the second edition of the XML specification. I would say
xml:lang warnings should only be raised in pedantic mode at this point,
note also that xml:lang="" may be used too.

Daniel