Re: [xml] Problems with xmlDocDump

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 09:56:32AM +0300, Antti Mäkinen wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a program that parses a long xml datafile in chunks ("computing
units") in order to avoid huge DOM tree. The program parses one computing
unit at a time into a DOM tree, does a lot of calculations with the data in
the unit, attaches a set of new nodes as children of that computing unit
and then it should dump the resulting modified computing unit into a file.

The problem is that when I try to dump the contents of the computing unit
into a file with xmlDocDump, the program crashes with some "Unhandled
exception (libxml2.dll) 0xC000005: Access Violation."

I have the DOM tree in an xmlNode and I cast the xmlNode into xmlDoc in the
xmlDocDump call. Is that legal or should I have the computing unit stored
in an xmlDoc?

  libxml2 has API to dump subtrees like the following. Use them !
    http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-tree.html#xmlElemDump
elements being parsed are generated within a document, always.
I don't know how you do the parsing but the leanest solution would be to
use the reader interface and its expand function.

Daniel