Re: [xml] How can libxml2 consume so much memory?

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 10:55:57AM +0300, Tuukka Pasanen wrote:
Hi,
I've been using newest libxml2 (2.6.19) and this problem work also in
2.6.17. Problem is that libxml2 uses so much memory. I one creates XML
document that contains like 10000 tags and 150 sub tags per parent node
(see code example) memory usage is like 235 megs (tells top) but
rendered
xml file is only 24 megs.. should this be like this?

  Yes. especially sonce your code doesn't create a dictionnary on
the document and doesn't try to share strings using that dictionnary
like the parser does.

Daniel

Aaa.. So I was just stupid:) This is not best documented area in libxml2..
but i'll try to use dictionary and tell if it worked.. it there some hints
or docs about this?

Tuukka