Re: [xml] Mac OS-X: Why are binaries linked against libxml2.dylib?

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 10:17:43AM -0700, Rush Manbert wrote:
Because of the way I did this, I discovered that xmllint has been linked
against libxml2.dylib. I see that the library contains a string that
specifies the path where it will be installed (i.e.
prefix/lib/libxml2.dylib). When xmllint gets linked against the library,
xmllint ends up containing the same path string. As long as I go ahead
and run the make install, I can run the xmllint that the build created
and it will find the dylib.

  This is specific to your platform. I can't reproduce or debug the
problem. I will take portability patch as usual, assuming they look sane
and don't mess up support for other platforms.

Daniel