Re: [xml] Mac OS-X: Why are binaries linked against libxml2.dylib?

Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 10:17:43AM -0700, Rush Manbert wrote:
Because of the way I did this, I discovered that xmllint has been linked against libxml2.dylib. I see that the library contains a string that specifies the path where it will be installed (i.e. prefix/lib/libxml2.dylib). When xmllint gets linked against the library, xmllint ends up containing the same path string. As long as I go ahead and run the make install, I can run the xmllint that the build created and it will find the dylib.

 This is specific to your platform. I can't reproduce or debug the
problem. I will take portability patch as usual, assuming they look sane
and don't mess up support for other platforms.

Daniel

Okay. I will need to ask a few more questions, because I couldn't figure out how the link actually happened (The top level makefile has something close, but doesn't appear to generate the same command line), but I will be out at the Apple developer's conference the next 4 days, so will ask after that finishes.

- Rush