[xml] Attribute indenting

Hi,

Is there any good reason not to indent properly attributes when xmllint is
invoked with --format ? When I say indenting I think about constructions
like:

 <foo bar1="..."
      bar2="..."
      bar3="...">

which you see in all XML textbooks but can not achieve with most current
XML formaters.

I ask this because someone told me last week that using more than one
attribute per element should be avoided because the way tools indent them
(inline) a human can not parse them easily (SIC) so one can not write
readable XML with attributes. And indeed I see that any XML file that uses
namespace declarations (big fat attributes) is very difficult to read once
reformated by xmllint - the output is fine for elements but not much else.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot