Re: [xml] Usage of entities when writing documents without encoding

Liam R. E. Quin schrieb:
Actually they are numeric character references, not entities... I am not
trying to be needlessly pedantic, but rather trying to give you the
right term to help you search for information...

Numeric character references are always to Unicode codepoints,
regardless of the document's encoding.

okay, thanks.  That was a misunderstanding on my side - and searching for
"Numeric character references" helps a lot!

Greetings,
  Joachim

--
Joachim Bauch, struktur AG