[xml] Usage of entities when writing documents without encoding

Hi,

assume the following utf-8 encoded document:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Root>
    <Node>Content âÃâÃââ</Node>
</Root>

If I run this through xmllint (on Windows, binary version 2.6.19 from xmlsoft.org)
the result looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Root>
    <Node>Content &#xE4;&#xF6;&#xFC;</Node>
</Root>

As you can see, the utf-8 characters have been replaced by entities that specify
the corresponding latin-1 characters.

Can I disable this behaviour?  Using "xmlDocDumpMemoryEnc", there are no more
entities, but the encoding is specified in the header now (which is something I
want to avoid).

Thanks,
  Joachim

--