Re: 'Re: "Re: [xml] schema patch"'

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 01:15:08PM +0200, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
Hi,

on 6/9/2004 11:05 AM Daniel Veillard wrote:

[...]

Just keep in the corner of your head that one day the code validation code
will have to be converted to handle a SAX2 event stream, and it's better
to not use the instance tree structure too much in the validation APIs
(that will be a major work anyway ...)

Is the schema itself intended to be parsed using SAX2 in the future as
well?

  No. It only make sense to stream on the instance. Computing types
and content models need closure on the schemas involved, trying to
stream at that level would IMHO bring nothing.

I don't know if this would make sense, but with all this import,
redefine and
include support, I wonder how vast schemas could grow in the future;
just thinking
about the people that have tears in their eyes, because of the
restriction of the error-line information to an unsigned short.

  hehe :-) Well apparently docbook Relax-NG schemas grew up to 450KB
but streaming won't help there anyway, we need to parse all of it before
being able to use it.

Daniel