Re: [xml] Problems again, functions that don't existe in HP-UX, u rgent (I k now that all say this)

Pinho external infineon com wrote:
Sorry, I've never worked with HP-UX before, so any major compilation is kind
of a mistery to me.

I made the code based on the API posted on your libxml2 site, to create a
xmlDocPtr I used xmlReadDoc and xmlReadFile to create the pointer from a
file or from a char* (Because this functions allowed me to set na option to
ignore whitespaces). As this functions don't exist in HP-UX and I've never
worked with HP-UX (a collegue of mine does the instalation) I was hopping
that you or someone with more know how that me of the libxml2 could get me
some way to create a xmlDocPtr without any ignorable whitespaces with the
functions that are implemented in HP-UX.

Sorry about my lack of experience in libxml2 and if you could get me na
alternative to the function I would be very thankful

But... if you didn't compile libxml2 and installed it on the machine you are working on, which library are you using? HP doesn't deliver libxml2 preinstalled on their PA-RISC systems. Someone must have installed it at some point, perhaps as a part of something else, GNOME perhaps?

With that, it can well be that you are trying to use the old libxml version 1.x.x which somehow ended up on the system. That won't work. Can you do a xmllint --version, what does it say?

There is nothing specific to HP-UX in libxml2. It has the same functions on all platforms. Follow the advices given to you so far. Install the recent version in your home directory, no privileges needed for that, and link your program using the static libxml2.a.

Hmm... by the way... if you don't make your schedule, does it leave a free place for an external at Infineon? :-) :-) Hm... shouldn't have said that. I'll go silent :-)

Ciao,
Igor