From: Igor Zlatkovic [mailto:igor zlatkovic com]
Sent: quarta-feira, 28 de Janeiro de 2004 21:08
To: Pinho Luis (IFPT IT External)
Cc: veillard redhat com; steve rinax com; xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Problems again, functions that don't existe in HP-UX, u
rgent (I k now that all say this)

Pinho external infineon com wrote:
Sorry, I've never worked with HP-UX before, so any major compilation
is kind of a mistery to me.

I made the code based on the API posted on your libxml2 site, to
create a xmlDocPtr I used xmlReadDoc and xmlReadFile to create the
pointer from a file or from a char* (Because this functions allowed me
to set na option to ignore whitespaces). As this functions don't exist
in HP-UX and I've never worked with HP-UX (a collegue of mine does the
instalation) I was hopping that you or someone with more know how that
me of the libxml2 could get me some way to create a xmlDocPtr without
any ignorable whitespaces with the functions that are implemented in
HP-UX.

Sorry about my lack of experience in libxml2 and if you could get me
na alternative to the function I would be very thankful

But... if you didn't compile libxml2 and installed it on the machine you
are working on, which library are you using? HP doesn't deliver libxml2
preinstalled on their PA-RISC systems. Someone must have installed it at
some point, perhaps as a part of something else, GNOME perhaps?

With that, it can well be that you are trying to use the old libxml
version 1.x.x which somehow ended up on the system. That won't work. Can
you do a xmllint --version, what does it say?

There is nothing specific to HP-UX in libxml2. It has the same functions
on all platforms. Follow the advices given to you so far. Install the
recent version in your home directory, no privileges needed for that,
and link your program using the static libxml2.a.

Hmm... by the way... if you don't make your schedule, does it leave a
free place for an external at Infineon? :-) :-)  Hm... shouldn't have
said that. I'll go silent :-)

Ciao,
Igor