[xml] Re: xinclude question

Bruce Miller wrote:

It may be more palatable to do surgery on the dom.

That sounds like the thing to do, and I'll give it a shot next week.

Alternatively, do you really need to carry out the xincludes in the first
place?  Ie. does your app require that they be expanded in place, or can
you simply process the document & subdocuments separately?

And of course, assuming you're not extracting some portion of the
included document via fragments or xpointers....

I would like to use XPath expressions in the document, and while I haven't tested it, I was assuming that those would balk at xincludes that haven't been carried out. But I may be mistaken. Another thing to test.

Enno
--
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.
      (Woody Allen)