[xml] xinclude question

I have a document that includes a second one via xinclude. when I save
the document back to disk, I want to save it not as one document, but as
the individual parts - if changes were made to the included part, save
them in the included file, if they were made in the main doc, save them
there, and don't inline the included parts in the main document. Using
xmlSaveFormatFileEnc or xmlDump doesn't give me that.

I know there are XML_INCLUDE_START and XML_INCLUDE_END nodes in the document tree that I could use to find where the includes are in the document. But I'd hate to have to write my own output routines that identify those - is that something I have to do, or is there another way?

Enno