[xml] xmlsec and XInclude

Hi all,

I have a bunch of XMLfiles which form a document, and are tied together by one of them having lots of XIncludes which pull in all the others. If I use xmlsec to encrypt these files separately, I get a bunch of files which may be decrypted to get exactly the original files. So far, so good.

Now what I really want is to load the whole document into memory, decrypting it along the way, and having the XInclude processing at work to end up with a single tree in memory. I can't see how to do this, and I hope I am just missing something. It seems I always bypass the XInclude processing, unless I decrypt everything to plain text files, and load those into memory. Then the XInclude processing obviously works.

I could use xmllint with the "--xinclude" flag to produce a single expanded file, and encrypt that. My documents are not that big (100's of K). They are just split into pieces for easy maintenance. It would be more convenient for me to keep them in separate pieces in their encrypted form.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Steve