Re: SV: [xml] windows binary with different calling

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 06:48:06PM +0200, Zlatkovic, Igor wrote:
  Hum, so this is a pain for at least one real long time user...
Damn, maybe I may do it finally ... I assume you have patches handy,
how are the changes done (i.e. can you provide a small example for
one declaration) ?

You, I assume, have enough other duties to attend :-) It will suffice if you
decide if you can live with macros between the return type and function
name, and if there are scripts which parse the headers and could get
confused by things like this:

  xmlDocPtr XMLCALL xmlParseFile(xmlChar* filename);

or even this:

  XMLEXPORT xmlDocPtr XMLCALL xmlParseFile(xmlChar* filename);

  I think that's the format, of course currently all exports are formatted
in the header files to align arguments, this will be a pain... The name of
the macro is not binding but 1/ XML prefix and 2/ short to minimize space
are 2 constraints I would like to impose ... XMLEXPORT/XMLCALL are fine.
Check withn Mark for this ...

Once that is clear, and the scripts are settled, some of us others will do
the work, it is our platform. :-) Really, no point in you doing things you
cannot test, or have you installed Windows in the meantime? :-)

  Nahhh ! No Way !!!
But I will have to make sure the macros really get defined to empty strings
when building on anything but Windows (and apparently OS/2)

Daniel