Re: [xml] small xinclude.c patch

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 02:38:45PM -0600, Vakoc, Mark wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Attached is a patch that allows compiling libxml2 with XInclude but
without XPointer support.  I can't tell if this is really correct but it
compiles.   Can you look it over?

  Okay will look,

Also, it is an option to disable regexps support.  Are there any
problems with disabling regexps support?  I remember having problems a
long time ago but it compiles fine.  Any advice?  Code size is critical
in my application so I have minimized all that I don't use, which gets
the library down to 420k.  FYI here's my config:

  Regexp is now used for DTD/Schemas/Relax-Ng validation
So compiling without regexp should work if you don't use them.
In the future exslt may use it too.
  For code size look in the archives, I think someone got the library
to about 250K some time ago. When compiling with gcc dropping the
highest optimization (which includes loops unrolling) can make a
serious difference too. Consider using a non-free compiler (icc for
example).

Daniel