Re: [xml] Installation problems on windows NT

hi,

I am trying to install and use XML::LibXML which requires libxml2 to be
installed.
I downloaded libxml2-2.5.10.tar.gz from your website but am not able to
install it. The instructions for installation are not clear at all. I am
running Windows NT and would like some help with installation.

What I did so far: (as per the Readme in the win32 folder)
1. cscript configure.js

You should specify the prefix, or did you put iconv together with the OS
headers? That however has nothing to do with the error below.

2. nmake
and I get this ERROR

__
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

makefile(270) : fatal error U1088: invalid separator '::' on inference
rule

____

Nmake version 1.50? Where did you get that one? The Makefile is okay,
perhaps your nmake is too old for features used therein.

Consider getting the precompiled binaries, or updating your development
environment.

Ciao,
Igor