From: xml-admin gnome org [mailto:xml-admin gnome org]On Behalf Of
Stefan Seefeld
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 8:29 AM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.5.7

Daniel Veillard wrote:

  Speaking of "industrial uses", I would be interested in getting
feedback especially from industry professionals, in 2 ways:

    - upcoming work: what are the point which may prevent
      deployement of libxml2 within your enterprise, what's missing ?
      What's broken ? W3C XML Schemas seems the most obvious candidate
      but I would like to hear from my users on this. I also really
      need to improve the documentation, especially a set of indexed
      examples.

besides schema support I'd very much like an enhanced error handling
API, as we already discussed earlier...

    - use cases and "success story": basically I don't have any public
      list of use case, if you use libxml2 for serious processing, think
      about making a public statement, it will allow libxml2 to look
      "professionnal" and also will give me references I can point
      my management to when they wonder if my time is well spent, you
      should consider this as being your own interest if you can do it!

I'm working on a document centered architecture for a CAS company
(Computer Assisted Surgery): http://www.orthosoft.ca, where all data
processing is organized around the concept of a 'patient record'.
That includes configuration data, persistent storage, and all kind of
other jazz. I'm using both, an SAX and a DOM based API for this.

It's working wonderfully thus far. Thanks for all your work !

Stefan