Re: [xml] GHashTable as replacement of built-in xmlHashTable

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 04:52, Kang Jeong-Hee wrote:
GLib 2 provide a hash table; GHashTable.
Its APIs are nearly equivalent to ones of xmlHashTable.

I propose GHashTable as replacement of xmlHashTable
and removing hash.[ch] from libxml2.

I think adding a glib dependency to libxml2 is a bad idea. One of the
library's strengths is its relative lack of dependencies, allowing its
application in a wide variety of settings. Plus, wouldn't this break a
lot of existing code?

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sliced bread wasn't an innovation. Sliced pizza was. I mean, can you
 imagine eating a family sized unsliced pizza?"
 - Jeff Waugh