From: "Igor Zlatkovic" <igor stud fh-frankfurt de>
To: <xml gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 4:35 PM
Subject: [xml] Mingw Lives

Hi there,

In oder to end the problem at least where I can, I have now integrated
mingw
into the JScript-based build.

The JScript configure accepts a new option "compiler" which can be either
"msvc" or "mingw". The default is "msvc". So, the MSVC user would do a

  C:\> cscript configure.js [...]
  C:\> nmake

to build libxml and friends. Mingw user would do a

  C:\> cscript configure.js compiler=mingw [...]
  C:\> make

and end up with the same result (shared library, static library, xmllint
and
test tools). The whole process does not require MSYS or any other posix
layer.

Note that configuration with compiler=mingw requires GNU make afterwards,
where configuration with compiler=msvc requires Microsoft NMAKE. This is
normal, as the users of the one compiler do not necessarily have the make
tool that belongs to the other.

Modification requires changes to win32/Makefile.mingw, which is now very
similar to win32/Makefile.msvc. I hope that's okay with you, Elisabeth?

I'll commit this later today. If everything goes well, libxslt will get
the
same.

Ciao
Igor