Re: [xml] two small patches for libxml2

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 11:17:04AM +0100, Petr Pajas wrote:
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> writes:

XSH - XML Editing Shell (http://xsh.sourceforge.net)
The ultimate command-line XML editing and browsing tool.

  BTW the simplest way to test xmlGetNodePath() is to use xmllint --shell
cd in the tree and use pwd to get the node path, yet another command line
XML (and HTML) browsing tool :-)
sure I don't deny xsh was partially inspired by xmllint --shell :-)
but still it extends the idea much further, I hope. While cd and pwd
are in xsh too, there are also cp, mv, add, foreach, multiple
documents etc.

  Yeah, the scope is quite larger, sounds fun and I think it should appeal
the CLI oriented community of developpers and people needing XML (or HTML ?)
scripting capabilities. The examples including the web site building script
are quite appealing. Maybe you should add to the examples what I expect to
be the single command used to save a document.
There is also a concept of "current document" (f starting from bullet 2,
but which could be g after 7) apparently, the current document to which
commands applies
  open f=mydoc.xml
doesn't make clear that f is now the current document.
  Nice work :-)

Daniel