Re: [xml] Canonical XML Implementation

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 06:58:54PM -0800, Aleksey Sanin wrote:

I will take care of it. I'm still wondering about keeping some semi-public
entry points for those..

Thanks a lot!  C14N applied to the whole document or to the part of it
specified using
XPath expression (nodes set). I do not think that there is a need for a
special function
"C14N for a node" or something because you can do the same using XPath
expression.
I put these functions in a separate header file only because there is a
recursion (xmlC14NProcessNode()
calls xmlC14NProcessNodesList() and vice versa) so I have to declare at
least one of them
somewhere (I declared both for symmetry :) ).

  I just merged the internal header into c14n.c

Okay I see. some automated regression testing are needed anyway.

The test program I have can be used in the same way as existing
testHTML, testXPath, etc.
It already have exactly the same functionality as required. The only
thing is that
the file needs to be renamed to testC14N.c to follow libxml2 standards
:) There is also a shell
script that does testing (xmlc14n/test/test.sh). It could be called from
Makefile to execute all tests
(it is slightly different from libxml2 way to put shell code in the
Makefile).

  I just added the test as testC14N.c so far and added it to the makefiles
and configure. I also fixed the namespace node having no parent problem.

  this is a relatively large change:

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsquery.cgi?module=gnome-xml&branch=HEAD&branchtype=match&dir=gnome-xml&file=&filetype=match&who=veillard&whotype=match&sortby=Date&hours=&date=explicit&mindate=03%2F04%2F02+12%3A08&maxdate=03%2F04%2F02+12%3A10&cvsroot=%2Fcvs%2Fgnome

  (seems the URL doesn't work ATM ...)

Daniel