Re: [xml] CYGWIN compile problems

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Veillard" <veillard redhat com>

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 09:25:30AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
The patch to make it work successfully is available in the cygwin
package -src tarball.

I am submitting all the *clean* patches to Daniel for inclusion, but
until an updated libtool with auto-import and gcc -shared
functionality
is released (Gary is busy right now :}) I very much doubt Daniel
would
accept such patches.

  Well, let's face it, I don't have a Windows box, no Cygwin nor MSC
compilers to test. So Igor and Robert have to agree to exchange a
couple
of mail and if possible end up with a single patch w.r.t CVS which
will
work on both setups. If the full toolchain for cygwin is not really
ready
for building shared libs, then it might be safer to stay within the
boundaries of what most users have installed. I would really like to
see
a single patch which will work for both compiler, with and without
shared
lib suport. If this can be done then I will be perfectly happy to take
the > patch. It's not terribly urgent, both MSC and Cygwin prepackaged
version
have their own channel for distribution, simply ship when it's unified
and ready.

  Makes sense ?

Works for me :} Igor, if you don't remove __CYGWIN__ tests, I won't add
MSVC tests (grin).

Seriously though, the full toolchain for cygwin has done .dll's for
_years_. Whats been missing is ease of use for libtool. (See the goat
book for the original .dll support info for libtool). I contributed the
work Gary is including into the next libtool, my FSF assignment went
through a week or so ago (International mail, gotta love it).

Keeping MSVC and CYGWIN from interacting is simple:

Every #ifdef WIN32 becomes either:
#if defined(WIN32) && !defined (__CYGWIN__)
or
#if defined(WIN32) || defined (__CYGWIN__)
as appropriate.

99% of the time the first one will be appropriate.

Cygwin doesn't defined _MSC_VER, so tests for that will not interact
with Cygwin.

Rob