Re: [xml] CYGWIN compile problems

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "EXT-Bozeman, Charles H" <charles h bozeman Boeing com>
To: "'Robert Collins'" <robert collins itdomain com au>; <xml gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 9:19 AM
Subject: RE: [xml] CYGWIN compile problems

Robert,
Thanks for the info, but I have gotten it to work by removing the test
for
__CYGWIN__ from xmlversion.h. If I understand correctly, gcc supports
dynamic linking in cygwin but libtool does not. I have also found that
the
configure scripts are unaffected by --disable-shared in cygwin.
Whether or
not the libraries are built static, dynamic, or both should be a
configuration issue and currently cygwin is forced dynamic (and
consequently
does not work for me). There may not be a perfect solution to this
problem
but I would prefer that the default configuration would always
successfully
build when you type: ./configure; make; make install.

The patch to make it work successfully is available in the cygwin
package -src tarball.

I am submitting all the *clean* patches to Daniel for inclusion, but
until an updated libtool with auto-import and gcc -shared functionality
is released (Gary is busy right now :}) I very much doubt Daniel would
accept such patches.

As for the default configuration working, thats why ports exist!

The cygwin -src package should honour --disable-shared. Are you
referring to other, libxml dependent code, or to libxml itself?

Rob