Re: [xml] CYGWIN compile problems

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 09:25:30AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
The patch to make it work successfully is available in the cygwin
package -src tarball.

I am submitting all the *clean* patches to Daniel for inclusion, but
until an updated libtool with auto-import and gcc -shared functionality
is released (Gary is busy right now :}) I very much doubt Daniel would
accept such patches.

  Well, let's face it, I don't have a Windows box, no Cygwin nor MSC
compilers to test. So Igor and Robert have to agree to exchange a couple
of mail and if possible end up with a single patch w.r.t CVS which will
work on both setups. If the full toolchain for cygwin is not really ready
for building shared libs, then it might be safer to stay within the
boundaries of what most users have installed. I would really like to see
a single patch which will work for both compiler, with and without shared
lib suport. If this can be done then I will be perfectly happy to take the
patch. It's not terribly urgent, both MSC and Cygwin prepackaged version have
their own channel for distribution, simply ship when it's unified and ready.

  Makes sense ?

Daniel