From: "EXT-Bozeman, Charles H" <charles h bozeman Boeing com>
To: <xml gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 3:50 AM
Subject: [xml] CYGWIN compile problems

I cannot compile libxml2-2.4.13 from the sources unless I define
IN_LIBXML
or LIBXML_STATIC. I am using cygwin which does not support dynamic
libraries
(at least mine doesn't); I thought you had to have MINGW for dynamic
libraries. I have tried:
./configure --disable-shared
but that had no effect. I traced the problem to line 200 in
xmlversion.h:
#ifndef LIBXML_DLL_IMPORT
#if (defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__CYGWIN__)) && !defined(IN_LIBXML)
&&
!defined(LIBXML_STATIC)
#define LIBXML_DLL_IMPORT __declspec(dllimport)
#else
#define LIBXML_DLL_IMPORT
#endif
#endif

Maybe there is some other besides __CYGWIN__ that should force dynamic
compilation. Anyone have any ideas?

Charles Bozeman
(256) 961-2139