Re: [xml] Debugging included entites

Hi all,

Daniel replied:

   I spent a bit of time on your last message on the subject and I agree

Thanks

that not modifying the tree is by far the simplest. I'm just somewhat
annoyed that this introduces another global variable, (and another
API) but the principle looks sound.
   The other possibility is to tag the start and the end of the list
of nodes included from an entity with special markers like XInclude
does. Maybe this special handling could reuse the XInclude existing tree
type to avoid introducing new node type.

Ok I tried that but I'm stiil getting stuck :-(. What I'd like to do is add
data to the xml node that WON"T be clobbered by llibxslt nor cause memory
leaks,  and be able to be handled by  xmlAddChildList, and be compatable with
the node copy functions. What I'll do is place a pointer my structure;  when debugging
I'll check for the presence of this extra data first before debugging the
node normally. The method I outlined with resolving line numbers is is just
too difficult  in the time left of  my holidays (a matter of only a few weeks
left).

I'd realy appreciate some help here. I'd rather not have xsldbg be left with
such a major bug until the end of next semester. I have a function called
 walkChildNodes that acts just like the xmlHashScan , but acts on xmlNodes.
which I can use to modifiy each of the entities children. (assuming that any
node copies made copy the modified data as well)

thanks,

Keirth